In today’s quick tutorial you will find out how to display a percentage sign on battery icon of your Android phone. This works in Android Marshmallow operating system, if you have different version of Android, you need to do some more research or look for some applications in Google Play.
Android phones display battery status in percentage but only when the phone is on charge. Many people prefer to see it all the time as this gives more information about the battery status than the bar icon.
Luckily we can very easily activate this option and there is no need to install any app to do so. Here’s how to do it.
How to display battery status in percentage in the status bar
- First step is to activate so called System UI Tuner. It is a hidden menu that will grant you access to some extra features. One of them is battery bar with percentage sign. To activate System UI Tuner you need to move your finger twice from top of your phone toward the centre. This should display all the options of the status bar. In the right corner you should see Settings cog icon. Press and hold it for around 3 seconds.
- You should feel gentle vibration, the cog will spin and should cog should spin and small wrench will be displayed next to it. There is also notification saying Congrats! System UI Tuner has been added to Settings.
- Now, go to main Settings of your phone, you should find a new menu item System UI Tuner almost at the bottom of the screen (on my phone it is the third menu item from the bottom). Tap it 🙂
- The phone will display some information message about this hidden menu. If you are happy, press GOT IT.
- Tap Status Bar, first item on the menu then Battery Show percentage when charging (default).
- From the new menu, choose Always show percentage.
- That is all, the phone battery icon should include percentage and you will get precise information about the battery status.
I hope you have found this useful and this little trick will help you customise the status bar of your phone. Please let me know in the comments below if you have any questions.